Saturday 16 February 2013

BANK INTERVIEW QUESTIONS -PART-6


If you don't attend any banking interview (INDIA) Skip this and go to BEHAVORAL INTERVIEW_PART_17
If you continue reading ,go thru 1,2,3,4,&5

SBT: candidate 3 B.C.A (MBA)

Hi friends,
About my interview experience.
My interview panel consisted of 4 members. 3 Gentlemen and 1 Lady.
I asked permission to enter the hall. Wished everyone in the hall & got seated.
First M2 started with my biodata form.
M2: You are BCA?
Me: Yes sir. ........ then I completed my MBA, sir, in Anna university of
Technology, Coimbatore.
M2: What is your specialization in MBA?         
Me: Finance.
M2: Only finance? You didn’t have any other?
Me: HR too.
M3: What is your percentage in MBA?
Me: 7.53 CGPA
M2: You won prize in shot put? (shotttttt puttttttt)
Me: Yes sir. In district level I won prizes in shot put and discuss throw.
M2: you have won trophy in cricket?
Me: Yes sir. And I explained how we won. 
M1: Still you have interest in cricket and keep track of it?
Me: No sir. I took the captainship just to prove my leadership. Now am not interested in
Cricket.
M2: Is there any current news in cricket?
Me: I think women’s world cup is being hosted in India.
M2: What’s the position of India now?
Me: They are out of super six now.
M2: You got certification from Microsoft?
Me: yes sir. During my graduation I got certified from Microsoft as Microsoft certified
professional. (Explained about what we do in that certification program)
M2: What is the latest version of windows?
Me: Windows 8.
M2: Who is the owner of Microsoft?
Me: Bill Gates.
M3: In your MBA you had HR as your specialization?
Me: Yes sir. But I don’t know much about it.
M3: Any way you had it?
Me: Yes sir. But my interest is finance.
M3: Its ok. Do you know Maslow’s theory? Tell whatever you remember?
Me: Sir, Maslow’s theory I read during my first semester. Only when the needs of an
employee are satisfied, he can perform in his job well.
M3: What needs?
Me: Sir, Basic needs. So a company should satisfy the basic needs of an employee.
M3: Good. you are correct.
M3: What do you know about SBI?
Me: It is one of the premier banks in India…. Then history…. Ownership is transferred to
govt. from RBI.
M3: How many associate banks are there?
Me: There were 8 associate banks. SB of Jaipur and SB of Bikaner are merged together.
SB of saurastra and SB of Indore merged with SBI. (I further explained about merger of
SB of Jaipur and Bikaner)
M3: Finally how many associates are there?
Me: five sir.
M3: Name them?
Me: SBBJ, SBP, SBM, SBH, SBT.
M3: Which bank you applied for?
Me: SBT.
M3: Where it is headquartered?
Me: In Poojapura, Kerela. In Trivandrum.
M3 passed on to L1.
M4: Where is your native? (She started to check about my native in biodata)
Me: Coimbatore mam.
M4 started asking questions in tamil.
M4: Do you have a bank account?
Me: Yes mam. (After a pause) In IOB.
M4: where do you have your account?
Me: In IOB mam.
M4: What can you do with the internet banking, of your account?
Me: I can check my balance. I can have statement of my account. Add payee. Transfer
funds. Will recharge my mom’s mobile. (Since I did it the previous day) Now wherever I
go for shopping, I shop with my debit card almost all are cash less transactions.
M4: What are the forms of fund transfers are there?
Me: I started cheque and DD. Then I managed to change to RTGS, NEFT. Apart from this a customer can visit a branch and transfer fund even without having an account.
M4: You said something about RTGS and NEFT. What is it?
Me: Explained about RTGS and NEFT.
M4: Is there any limit for it?
Me: For NEFT there is no limit. For RTGS 2 lakh and above.
M4: Is there any other form of fund transfer other than these?
Me: No mam.
L1: What about mobile banking? Is it not a method of fund transfer?
Me: Yes mam. Sorry I couldn’t remember it.
L1: You are an MBA then why don’t you search and join a job in a big corporate?
Me: I need a secured job mam. I have worked in a corporate and I can get a well paid job
if I go to Bangalore or Mumbai. But, the problem is I don’t have feeling of security.
L1 passed to M1.
M1: Tell about RBI. (In Tamil)
This is the most tough and humorous part of the interview. I don’t known how to
say in tamil which I read in English. I managed it with tanglish.

Me:
RBI vanthu sir “ It is the central bank sir”RBI sir “It is the banker’s bank sir”
It is the custodian of foreign exchange reserve sir.
RBI vanthu sir “ It is the banker to the govt. sir”
They started laughing about my tanglish. I too started laughing.
Whenever govt is shortage of funds, RBI issues bonds
on behalf of govt. (M1 ok.)
Finally I finished with how they formulate the monetary policy , control money supply and put inflation under control.
M1: you said about monetary policy. Is there any change in monetary policy recently?
Me: yes sir. I think last Tuesday they changed it. RBI has cut all the key rates by 25 Basis
points.
M1: What are those key rates?
Me: CRR, SLR. SLR they didn’t cut sir. Still it is 23%.
M1: Then CRR?
Me: They cut it by 25 BPS.
M1: Rate?
Me: From 4.25 to 4. It will take effect on Feb 9th  sir.
M1: You missed the other two rates what are they?
Me: Repo rate 7.75 sir and reverse repo 6.75. In order to bring growth to the economy
and since RBI believes that it can keep inflation under control, it has cut the rate. RBI has projected inflation rate from 7.25 to 6.5 for this quarter.
M1: This data is given by CSIO (Central Statics Information Office). (He said as
information to me)
Me: I don’t know about it sir. I just read it from RBI’s monetary policy.
M1: You have said wildlife as your interest. How can you conserve wildlife?
Me: I started explaining how I got interested in wildlife. I said about elephants straying
into our locality... Main reason for it is encroachment in elephant corridors.
M1: Stop.. I asked about wildlife conservation, not this.
Me: Sir, to conserve wildlife afforestation is one of the solutions. Creating awareness
among the people is very important. Even in our area two elephants were electrocuted.
M2: You have said coin collection as your hobby. Coins of which country do you have?
Me: I have coins which are released post independence. And also I have some from
1800’s.
M2 & M3: Oh.. You  have only Indian coins. You have that “kal ana”?
Me: Yes, sir I have. I have quarter ana. All types of anas I have. 1,2 & 3 paise coins. I
have few Australian and Singapore dollars. (Almost like a conversation)
M2: How do they call their coins?
Me: In Australia they call it as cents and in Singapore I don’t know sir.
M1: Do you know a famous woman in India who is interested with wildlife
conservation?
Me: (I couldn’t remember her name. I guessed.) I think she is from BJP. ......
. I think she is Menaka Gandhi.
M1: Good....Correct.... Do you know any other thing about wildlife conservation?
Me: Sir I learn about wildlife. I don’t know much about wildlife conservation.
M1 passed to M2.
M1:  you have enough knowledge. But one thing about monetary policy is “ RBI has cut
the rates to spur growth and not as you said. Please look into it”. He nodded and told “Interview  is over”. I thanked them and came out.

1 comment:

  1. hi, this is saritha. am not much fluent in english.
    is british council ok for that?

    ReplyDelete